Install OpenSolver for Excel. This will give you access to a much more robust solver than the one that comes with Exce.
Jan 8 Class
Read or watch the following:
- 3-Minute Video from IBM on Optimization
- Read just the first section, Mathematical Programming (6 paragraphs total)
- Read the IBM article in the Analytics Magazine
- Skim this site, the Science of Better
Jan 10 Class
- Install OpenSolver for Excel.
- Read pages 12-14 in SCND (Solving the Quantifiable Aspects)
- Read the Bland article– found on in the Library Resources section
- Optional– Read Bixby’s article on the history of Linear and Integer Programming
Tips on Implementing Projects in Practice: